The second meeting of the Scottish National Advisory Board (NAB) was held at the School of Education of the University of Glasgow on 9th November 2017 (see agenda of the meeting).
The purposes of the meeting were:
- Presenting the YOUNG_ADULLLT project updates
- Discussing the results of the Report on the Quantitative Analysis of the living conditions of young adults based on harmonised European data (WP4), by Kristinn Hermannsson
- Discussing the results of the Report of the Regional Governance of the Skills Supply and Demand in Glasgow City Region and Aberdeen City & Aberdeenshire Region (WP6), by Queralt Capsada-Munsech
- Discussing the impact strategy of the project, including forthcoming knowledge exchange events
The members of the NAB engaged in the discussion of the reports. They provided interesting feedback and comments to further improve the results presented. They also provided rich insights on how to further engage in the national policy discussions in Scotland and the UK. They also expressed their willingness to further contribute to the project in terms of community engagement and dissemination activities. More detailed information on the discussion held during the session can be found in the 2nd NAB meeting report.
The participants of this 2nd NAB meeting were:
- Janet Brown, Scottish Qualifications Authority
- Fiona Burns, Scottish Funding Council
- Lindsay MacDonald, Education Scotland
- Audrey MacDougall, Scottish Government
- Lorna Unwin, Institute of Education (UCL)
- Robert Wright, University of Strathclyde
Apologies: Jonathan Clark, Skills Development Scotland; Chris Chapman, School of Education, University of Glasgow; David James, Cardiff University; Maureen Mallon, Education Scotland; Andrew Witty, Colleges Scotland.
School of Education:
- Queralt Capsada-Munsech, Postdoctoral researcher and Project Coordinator
- Lesley Doyle, Senior Lecturer
- Kristinn Hermannsson, Lecturer
- Kevin Lowden, Senior Researcher
- Michele Schweisfurth, Director of the Robert Owen Centre
- Petri Simonen, PhD student, ESRC-SDS funded
- Oscar Valiente, Senior Lecturer and Principal Investigator
- Patricia Wallace, Manager of the Robert Owen Centre for Educational Change